.

The Lyme Tree Woman's Exchange of Old Lyme

Flag as Inappropriate

<p>Packed with handcrafted items made exclusively by women, as well as antiques and collectibles, The Lyme Tree Woman's Exchange of Old Lyme is part of a nonprofit organization established in Philadelphia back in 1832. Created as places for women who had fallen on hard times to sell its home crafted items, by the late 19th century there were almost one hundred Exchanges across the country. Today, only 19 of the Exchanges still exist, including this one in Old Lyme.</p>
<p>Sales clerks are all volunteers and 30 percent of the sales go to charities in the area. The remaining 70 percent is paid to the artisan.</p>
86 Halls Rd, Old Lyme, CT 06371
(860) 434-7290
  • Hours: By appointment
  • Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 5pm
  • Accessible: yes
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »