After a summer of sleeping in, it's nearly time once more to set those alarms to make sure the kids are ready and waiting when the school bus comes. So when is the bus coming to your street?
The following links will take you to Regional School District 18 bus schedules and routes posted online for Lyme-Old Lyme Middle School and High School, Center School and Mile Creek School, and Lyme Consolidated School
You'll find all the information about transportation policies and schedules for East Lyme schools online. For routes and schedules for individual schools, click on the link for each school as follows: Flanders School, Lillie B. Haynes School, Niantic Center School, East Lyme Middle School, East Lyme High School (East Lyme residents only.)
Here are 10 tips to ensure everyone has a safe ride.
- Always stand a safe distance (three giant strides) away from the bus stop.
- If you have to cross in front of the bus, make sure you're at least 10 feet from the bus and that the driver sees you.
- If you drop something under the bus, don't bend down to pick it up! Ask the driver or another adult to retrieve it for you.
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before its scheduled arrival time.
- Students should know their bus number and check to make sure they are on the right bus to take them home.
- Always hold the handrail when boarding or exiting the bus.
- Students should go directly to a seat and sit down immediately.
- Don't dangle anything outside the window and keep your hands, arms, and head inside the bus.
- Don't scream or create a commotion while riding on the bus. It is distracting for the driver.
- Bad behavior, bullying or picking on fellow students (or the bus driver) will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action.