The second recipe in my Super Bowl special is something every game day party needs ... dip! Knowing we just got through the holidays and many of us probably are on the verge of breaking our New Year's resolutions, I made this one low in calories. It is also gluten-free, and vegetarian! Dig in!
These amounts depend on the size of your dish. Mine was a 14-by-14-inch square. If you use something bigger, you'll want to tweak the amounts below.
- 1 can vegetarian re-fried beans
- 2 avocados
- 2 T cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat sour cream (you can save more calories with the fat free- but to me, it's not an option)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chillies, very well drained
- about 6 leaves, or 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used cheddar made with 2% milk- a little lower in fat)
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Mix in cilantro and the juice of one lime. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the re-fried beans into the bottom of the dish. Layer on the avocado mixture, then the sour cream.
- Sprinkle lettuce over the sour cream, followed by the tomatoes with chillies. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.