Brian J. Hague, 33, of 38 South Beechwood Road, East Lyme, turned himself in to state police barracks, Troop E in Montville at 11 a.m. on Febuary 4, where he was arrested and charged with Possession of Child Pornography in the 1st degree.
According to a press release issued by Connecticut State Police on February 5, Hague was arrested following an investigation into possession and distribution of child pornography through the use of internet file sharing networks.
In December 2012, analysis of a search and seizure warrant of Hague's property found several hundred still images of child pornography, including naked girls ages 4 to 12 years old engaged in sexual activities of all kinds. Some of the videos recovered also depicted S&M, bondage, gagging, and choking.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children identified more than 19 images of known identified child victims and 61 recognized images of children who have yet to be identified.
Hague's arrest stemmed from an investigation conducted by the state police Computer Crimes Unit from August to November of 2011. Hague posted a $50,000 court set surety bond from Statewide Bail Bonds and is scheduled to be arraigned in New London Superior Court on Wednesday February 20 at G.A. 10.
The Broader Investigation
State police announced a total of six arrests today, all resulting from an extensive investigation conducted by the Computer Crimes Unit. Each case was initiated by Troopers after developing information that led to investigators to obtain search warrants for evidence in each case. Troopers then continued each separate criminal investigation.
The other suspects arrested within the past two days are:
- James Scott Bacon, 61, of Ledyard, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree.
- Joseph DosSantos, 41, of Gaylordsville (New Milford), who was charged on Feb. 4 with criminal attempt at impairing the morals of a minor, (two counts) and criminal attempt at enticement of a minor.
- Matthew Vicente, 26, of Simsbury, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.
- Frank Caciopoli, 51, of West Haven, who was charged on Feb. 5 with promoting a minor in an obscene performance and possession of child pornography in the third degree.
- Steven Anthony Cerasoli, 56, of Manchester, who was charged on Feb. 5 with importation of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.