1. Today will be partly cloudy with a high temperature of 40 degrees and an overnight low of 31 degrees. According to Weather.com, there's a 10 percent chance of rain during the day and a 30 percent chance of rain tonight but the bigger news is that there's a good chance for snow showers starting late tonight.
2. Lyme First Selectman Ralph Eno delivered a hot meal to Dr. Frank Finley in Lyme the other day as part of the Share the Love Meals on Wheels campaign that has local elected officials and civic groups delivering hot meals, holiday cards and plants donated by local nurseries to people over the holidays.
Reynolds Subaru of Old Lyme is also providing use of a car for the entire six week-long campaign and is offering a matching grant to encourage people to donate to support Meals on Wheels. If you'd like to get involved or make a donation, blog will tell you everything you need to know.
3. On Saturday, six homes in Old Lyme will open their doors for a holiday house tour to benefit Old Lyme Chidren's Learning Center's enrichment programs and Caroline's Miracle Foundation. The tour begins at 1 p.m. with refreshments at the Learning Center at 57 Lyme Street and includes stops at Lyme Street stores and at the Old Lyme Inn, where the Lyme-Old Lyme High School Select Singers will perform.
Tickets are $25 in advance from the Children's Learning Center, the Songbird Cafe, and The Chocolate Shell or $30 at the door. For more information call (860) 434-1728 (ext. 202) or visit olclc.com.
While I'm on the subject of holiday home decor, if you go all out with yours, enter our Deck the House contest. The winner will receive a whopping $100,000 donation that goes to the local school system!
4. Lyme-Old Lyme High School's latest theatrical production Zombie Love sounds like something that would have been more thematic for Halloween but, really, zombies never go out of style and who doesn't love them these days? The show debuts tonight at Lyme-Old Lyme High School Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. There will be a second show tomorrow, also at 7:30 p.m.
5. East Lyme schools have lots of holiday gifts to share. This weekend, East Lyme High School will hold its annual holiday craft fair, featuring more than 70 vendors. The fair will take place at the High School, 60 Chesterfield Road, on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the class of 2013.
Today is also the deadline for ordering a holiday wreath from Niantic Center School's PTA. These double-sided Canadian Balsam Wreaths with an inside ring size of 16" are just $12 and funds raised will benefit school programs. Email Kelli Daugherity at email@example.com if you have questions.