1. Today will be sunny, cold, and clear with high temperatures reaching just 22 degrees and low temperatures dropping to 10 degrees overnight, according to weather.com.
2. Over the holidays, Old Lyme Memorial Town Hall reconfigured the entryway to the First Selectman's office to make it more welcoming and practical for people coming in on town business. What do you think to the new look?
3. East Lyme/Niantic's first annual Restaurant Week is in full swing and there are some great deals to be had at the 29 participating restaurants. Some, such as The Black Sheep and La Belle Aurora, are offering special menus. Others are offering discounts, buy one get one free deals, or throwing in a bottle of vino gratis.
4. Niantic publishing company Andres & Blanton is gearing up for the release of its second book, "for Mischief done," by local author Jan Schenk Grosskopf on February 4. Grosskopf will be doing a number of events to publicize the work, including an interview on WTNH on February 5, giving a presentation to the Bar Association in February, and a book signing at New London's Custom House Museum on February 17.
5. On Friday, March 1, 2013 the Lyme-Old Lyme High School will welcome prospective students who do not currently attend a Region 18 school and their parents to preview the Lyme-Old Lyme High School if they are considering enrolling here for the fall of 2013. The School Counselors and Administration will be available to provide an overview of the school, its curriculum and student opportunities. Additionally, tours of Lyme-Old Lyme High School will be available. Please RSVP to 860-434-2255 by February 27, 2013 if you plan to attend. On the day of the event, please arrive at 12:30 p.m. and check in at the main office before reporting to the School Counseling Department.