1. Once again, Weather.com is calling for the possibility of isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon (although we've yet to see one of them materialize so far). The high temperature should be just a tad cooler, at 79 degrees, with an overnight low of 72 degrees. There's a 30 percent chance of rain during the day but that increases to 80 percent this evening and could include a thunderstorm.
2. In the mood for a show? East Lyme Regional Theatre presents The Wiz tonight at . There'll be one show this evening at 7 p.m. and two shows tomorrow at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $15, $10 students and seniors, ($5 for children five and under for the Saturday matinee show). For more information, call (860) 739-9867.
3. The will be celebrating its 20th birthday tonight but in a more adult fashion than you might expect. It's having cocktail party! Tickets for this event have been sold in advance for $75 as this is a catered fundraising event, but there'll be another celebration on Saturday just for kids, with a free concert by Steve Elci on the outdoor stage next to East Lyme Town Hall from 6 to 8 p.m.
4. Old Lyme Board of Selectmen will hold a special meeting today at 9:30 a.m. to discuss approval of a settlement in the case of Netsch vs. Old Lyme, a civil suit involving the town hall expansion. The meeting will be held in executive session at the now expanded , although there should be news to report when it's over.
5. The Primary Election is fast approaching but though it's too late to switch your party affiliation at this point, there's still time to register to vote as an affiliated voter if you have not done so. Only affiliated voters are eligible to cast ballots in the Republican and Democratic primaries scheduled for August 14 so if, for instance, you want to weigh in on the primary battle between , you need to be a registered Republican to do it.
Help us spread the word that the Lymes have a Patch by liking us on Facebook!