1. We may see some passing showers today but Weather.com is predicting a mostly sunny, partly cloudy day with a high temperature of 85 degrees. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a fairly high low temperature of 71 degrees. There's a 20 percent chance of rain. The forecast for the weekend is pretty much the same as it is today.
2. Lyme Public Library's website is malware free and now it looks that way. The has finally been cleared and the site is accessible once again. Important links also remain posted on the library's blog page.
Library director Theresa Conley wants everyone to know that, "The Library staff is appreciative of the library patrons' patience over the past few weeks as they worked to resolve the problem."
3. The in Niantic offers free admission tonight from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. because it's First Friday Free Family Night!
The Museum is also offering reduced price admission of $1 per child on a continuing basis for New London area families that qualify for Connecticut Department of Public Health's Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC). Regular admission price is $7 per person, although children under the age of one are always free.
4. The East Lyme Board of Selectmen meeting on August 1 once again focussed on the issue of whether or not the town should buy the historic Once again, however, there was no action taken. The town is still negotiating with the property owners over the price of the house—and if you've ever bought a house, you know how that goes!
5. Life in an area known as an artists' colony offers no shortage of opportunities to see and create art. On Saturday, August 4, three artists will offer a pastel demonstration at in Old Lyme from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. While you're there, don't forget to browse the gallery. The latest show is a Marine Art Invitational and Life Along the River.