1. It's likely to be partly cloudy today, with a high temperature of 51 degrees and an overnight low of 35 degrees, according to Weather.com. There's a 20 percent chance of rain today and a 10 percent chance of rain tonight.
2. Old Lyme Board of Selectmen meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Old Lyme Memorial Town Hall. There will be a recap and update on Superstorm Sandy, Election Day, the Special Town Meeting, the Landfill closure, and the Wastewater Management Task Force, which is investigating town alternatives to sewers.
3. The Lyme-Old Lyme Board of Education Meeting and Special Meeting on the budget originally scheduled for November 7 will be held tonight at Lyme-Old Lyme Middle School Cafeteria, starting with the special meeting at 6 p.m. Both the Boards of Finance and the town selectmen will attend the special meeting. The regular Board of Education meeting will follow at 7 p.m.
4. East Lyme High School's volleyball winning streak ended on Saturday. The two-time defending champions were bested in the Class L Volleyball final by Bristol Eastern 3-0.
5. A Celebration of Women breakfast to benefit the Community Foundation's Women & Girls Fund offers the chance to chat with Coast Guard Academy Superintendent, RADM Sandra L. Stosz, on November 29. The organization will also be announcing recipients of the 2012 Women & Girls Fund grants in southeastern Connecticut.
Tomorrow is the deadline to register for this event. Tickets are $35 per person. Contact Alison Woods at the Community Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-442-3572 to RSVP by Nov. 20th.