1. Today will start out sunny with clouds developing as the day progresses. Weather.com is predicting a daily high temperature of 48 degrees and an overnight low of 33 degrees. There's a 10 percent chance of rain.
2. Beware of black ice on the roads this morning. Low level moisture over the region overnight could lead to icy roads until mid-morning, according to an advisory issued by the National Weather Service last night. Please, be extra careful on the roads and sidewalks today.
3. Lyme-Old Lyme Board of Education meets tonight at Lyme-Old Lyme Middle School cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. Topics for discussion tonight include proposed building budgets for 2013-2014, the new teacher and administrator evaluation plan as required by the state, and truancy.
4. Old Lyme Fire Department was recently honored by the town of East Hampton, one of its mutual aid towns, for its response to a major fire at the historic bell factory in May 2012. In all, 23 fire departments responded to the fire. The factory, which makes bells for all sorts of organizations including the Salvation Army, will be rebuilt and will include a museum.
5. Governor Dannel P. Malloy will deliver the State of the State address to a joint session of the Connecticut General Assembly at noon today. We'll have more for you on that later today.