1. We should be in for another lovely day today, with a high temperature of 83 degrees and an overnight low of 65 degrees. You might see a few passing clouds but there's just a 10 percent chance of rain according to Weather.com.
2. After being empty for quite some time, the building just off Main Street in downtown Niantic that once housed a grocery store is filling up fast. , a new restaurant offering authentic Thai Cuisine and sushi, is open and doing a brisk trade already and its neighbor, Broadway Kids & Company, will open its doors for the first time today.
Broadway Kids & Company will host a Grand Opening Open House from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. at its new Pennsylvania Avenue location to give people a chance to look around and meet the instructors. There will be refreshments, activities, and face painting for kids. Formal classes begin September 10 but if you sign up today, you'll get half off the registration fee.
The brand new facility offers year-round performing arts programs and specializes in musical theater. We're talking full Broadway musicals here! Don't be fooled by the name—kids aren't the only ones having fun! Broadway Kids & Company offers yoga and zumba for adults too.
3. Feeling peckish? Niantic Farmer's Market is open today from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the parking lot on Methodist Street and it's a great place to pick up locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables. If you're lucky, Woody will even play you a song on his acoustic guitar!
4. How about a little night music? Tonight is the final concert in the summer and the legendary Count Basie Orchestra will be taking the stage. You can buy tickets at the park entrance for $30 starting at 5:30 p.m. Picnicking is recommended and really creative picnics are strongly encouraged. will be judging whose picnic is the best!
5. If you have an event you'd like to publicize or an announcement you want to make, you don't have to go through me to do it. Just post it on Patch! We're also looking for a few good bloggers so if you've got something to say, this is the place to say it!