1. Today is going to be windy and rainy, with a high temperature of 52 degrees and an overnight low of 34 degrees. We're under a high wind advisory today until noon and weather.com is predicting steady heavy rain this morning.
2. Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy is asking churches to ring their bells 26 times at 9:30 a.m. today as residents observe a moment of silence in memory of the 26 victims who lost their lives in the terrible shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown this time last week.
3. Many websites, including AOL's Patch, will go dark today at 9:30 a.m. in memory of the Sandy Hook tragedy. In our virtual world, it's our way of honoring that moment of silence.
4. East Lyme will hold a candlelight vigil in honor of the victims of the shooting at 6 p.m. on Sunday at McCook's Point Park in Niantic. There will be an opportunity to make donations to the victims' families and to the town of Newtown at the event.
5. December 21, 2012 is the last day of the Mayan calendar, which has prompted some to believe the world will come to an end today. Let's live like it's our last day on Earth.