1. This morning will be mostly sunny but clouds will roll in this afternoon that will likely bring rain showers on into this evening. Temperatures will reach a high of 47 degrees and drop to 28 degrees overnight, according to weather.com, and there's a 70 percent chance of rain.
2. Kids in East Lyme, Old Lyme, and Lyme are off from school again but you'll see a lot of activity at East Lyme High School. Police and other emergency responders are running an emergency drill at the school today.
3. A spaghetti dinner benefit for the Seidel family on Sunday drew hundreds of people, all of whom wanted to do something to help the family following the shocking and inexplicable shooting death of Kyle Seidel in the parking lot of Waterford's Family Bowl in December. This was the second benefit held for Kyle's widow, Kate, and their three children. The first was held at Pizza Cucina in East Lyme, where Kate works as a waitress.
4. Lawmakers have been busy writing bills this Legislative session, some stranger than others. Tomorrow, there will be a hearing on what will likely prove to be a controverial proposal to ban smoking in a vehicle if there are children aged 6 or under riding as passengers.
5. The Holistic Moms Network of New London County is a nonprofit group open to anyone interested in raising children in a more environmentally friendly way. The group will be hosting an event on March 12 at the Lymes' Youth Service Bureau, 59 Lyme Street in Old Lyme at 7 p.m. featuring professional organizer Ellen Madere of Old Lyme. The topic is how to keep clutter at bay if you've got small children. For more information, please visit www.holisticmoms.org or contact Arleen Sharp 860-434-7208.